With two pale and pasty months ahead of her,
she lived vicariously through her granola.
Golden oat-and-millet granola
Makes 6 cups
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup millet, sifted for inedibles
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, liquified
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp. salt (scale back to 3/4 tsp. if you don't want to taste the salt)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
In a big bowl, combine all ingredients--except for the raisins--tossing and turning them until evenly coated and equitably distributed.
Spread the goods onto a baking sheet (commando or lined with matching tan parchment) and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every ten.
Mix in the raisins and then allow the granola to cool before stowing it in an airtight container that will be the source of much joy for the week(s) ahead (depending on how heavy a hand you have with your sprinkle).