When you have peaches coming out of your ears (and you like things a little snappy), then the canonical Caprese threesome becomes a foxy little fivesome.
And you excitedly make room at the table and proclaim: The more the merrier!
Insalata caprese with peaches and red onion
- 2 ripe heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 small, ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced into wedges
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced into quarter moons
- 1 big sprig fresh basil, large leaves roughly torn (small leaves kept whole)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- aged balsamic syrup
- extra virgin olive oil
On a pretty platter, overlap layers of tomatoes, peaches, and mozzarella. Rain onion slices over top and tuck basil here, there, and everywhere.
Salt and pepper with abandon and then trickle balsamic syrup and olive oil across the salad until it looks like summer incarnate.