Who doesn't like ranch dressing?
And who could argue that life in Hidden Valley looks anything but idyllic?
Still, I can't bring myself to buy a bottle of it.
I mean, what would they say??
Makes about 2 cups
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 small clove garlic, microplaned, or 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. lemon juice or white vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup buttermilk, well-shaken
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
Combine the chives, garlic or garlic powder, lemon juice or vinegar, mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, and most of the buttermilk in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
Shake it like you mean it and then check for consistency, adding more buttermilk if desired. Season with salt and pepper and shake it up again.
Put the lidded jar in the refrigerator for an hour or so before using to allow the flavors to meld.
Dunk your veggies and fingers and pizza crusts in it for up to three days.